Noom, creator of the popular weight-loss diet app, has just launched Noom Mood, a program for mental well-being to help people develop and implement the techniques and healthy habits needed to manage daily stress, as well as anxious thoughts. This app is designed to guide the user step by step to improve emotional awareness by offering the knowledge and support they need to feel empowered and in control of their emotions, leading to a happier life.
Noom Mood’s website says it “is a highly structured program that provides the insight, education, and skill development to help you understand the ‘why’ behind your stress, so you know how to manage it now — and always.” Andreas Michaelides, PhD, chief of psychology at Noom, said, “Because Noom is rooted in psychology, we have helped millions of users realize the critical connection between mental wellness and physical health, and the impact each one can have on the other.”
Although Noom Mood doesn’t offer evaluations or treatment plans and is not a replacement for actual therapy, the app can offer daily support for your mental health.
Here are some of the features:
- 10-minute daily lessons that help you develop coping mechanisms and build resilience
- A variety of mindfulness-based techniques and tools, which you can put into practice right away
- 1:1 coaching to encourage you and help you work through challenges
- Mood logging to better understand your moods and measure progress
- Easy-to-access library to track favorite activities and tools
Noom Mood is free for the first two weeks, then costs $149 for a four-month subscription, and is available in the US only on iOS or Android. What’s great is that you can access it at any time, anywhere, as many times throughout the day as you need it. Keep reading to see screenshots of the app.